The world is subjected to technological advancement, new trends, and development on all sides and that is a fact, the world can not afford to be stagnant, but there is a need for understanding the evidence of “Acceptance”. That is, even before the discovery of all the things we have grown to get used to, the place of natural herbs, food, and ancient methodology can not be overruled, what makes it different is the emergence of technology which has helped us verify the multiple benefits we can access when we initiate diversified applications. Another important food source in some parts of the world is “Moringa”.
Moringa is a nutrient-dense plant that is very essential to the body, a native to Northern India. It is very rich in vitamins, calcium, iron, and required amino acids. The seeds are found in the pods of the moringa plant which is botanically referred to as “Moringa Oleifera”. They are greyish-white in color with unique wing-like structures. Moringa seeds serve various purposes and they can be steamed, boiled, or roasted.
What are the health benefits of Moringa seeds:
- Moringa seeds regulate blood sugar levels, a way of managing and preventing diabetes. It is a great source of zinc.
- Moringa seeds are rich in Vitamin B6, beta carotene, Vitamin C, magnesium, and protein.
- The nutritional density of moringa seeds is very high, which helps to improve indigestion, and vision, and resolve skin problems. The slender green pods on the moringa tree that hang down from its branches are where the moringa seeds are obtained from, for consumption, it can either be cooked or roasted.
- Moringa seeds have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They help to reduce the risk of heart disease, lower cholesterol, stabilize blood sugars, and boost our immune system.
- Moringa seeds are applied as an astringent, helping to fight bacterial infections and treat wounds, cuts, and bites.
- Moringa seeds speed up our mental focus and enhance our brain health. When the brain is supplied with constant nutrition, which is considered essential, it is enabled to work at its optimum level. For a healthy brain, amino acids, omega-3s, antioxidants, and vitamin E is very important.
- Moringa seeds improve eyesight, that is they repair and treat poor vision as they are rich in vitamin A.
- Moringa seeds have brilliant anti-ulcer properties. Traditionally, based on the chain of consumption in India and Pakistan, it has helped to treat gastric ulcers.
Moringa seeds can stop the growth and development of cancer cells by hastening their death count. It also helps to monitor, regulate, and take care of our cardiac health by safeguarding the heart tissues from any damage build-up. Moringa seeds are very beneficial for skin care. The oil extract from moringa seeds can be used as a moisturizer or used to treat skin problems like “skin rashes and sunburn”.
When it comes to the food application aspect– Moringa seeds play a role in food technology and human nutrition. Moringa oil has been tested in frying and was found to be more acceptable than groundnut oil; Roasting, germination, and boiling have been applied to Moringa seeds to produce flour with advanced nutritional properties. Another major focus is that defatted Moringa flour has been applied in different formulations- cakes, cookies, burgers, and infant porridges inclusive. Generally, the products derived from the flour were more stable in conservation and well accepted for low substitution, the high substitution results in increased bitterness.
Ajigofarms is a reliable global agricultural purchase sourcing with profound expertise in the manufacturing, and exportation of food crops. We are tested, and trusted suppliers of all kinds of cash crops and food crops. Our constant supply chain solution makes exporting easy, quick, and safe, we are identified with timeliness and meeting up with deadlines. Regardless of the region you are located in worldwide, you can reliably order your Agric products and be rest assured of successful delivery.